Sometimes it just so happens that you throw a bunch of ingredients in a bowl, blend them up and end up with some unexpected awesomeness you didn't see coming. I'd like to think that was the case with this dish so I'm going to share the recipe with you even though I've only made it once. This is a perfect side dish to go with anything really, and makes for a nice, refreshing addition to any meal. Because you just can't go wrong with zoodles. Yum. Let me know if you give it a try!
- 2 large zucchinis
- 200 g broccoli florets (about small head)
- 100 g silken tofu
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1-2 handfuls fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp sweet white miso paste
1. Peel (optional) the zucchinis and spiralize them to make zoodles or make 'zagliatelle' t´ribbons using a carrot peeler.
2. Steam the broccoli until just cooked through.
3. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and blend with a hand blender until fairly smooth. This would probably work even better in a real blender so go for that if you, unlike me, have access to one.
4. Dress the zoodles/zagliatelle in the broccoli sauce and add some fresh basil leaves on top for decoration!