Creamy Dreamy Peanut Butter-Blueberry Sundae
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced and frozen (300-330 g)
- 3-4 tbsp almond milk
- 1 heaped tbsp Arctic Berries Blueberry Powder
- 1 pinch vanilla powder or extract
Peanut Butter Sauce:
- 1 tbsp peanut flour (or peanut butter)
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Toppings such as mulberries, coconut chips or raw cacao nibs
1. Start by making the peanut butter sauce: in a small bowl combine the ingredients for the sauce with a fork until you're left with a thick yet runny sauce. Set aside while you make the ice cream.
2. Place all the ice cream ingredients except for the almond milk in a food processor or high speed blender and blend on high*. Blend for approximately 60-90 seconds or until the frozen banana slices have all been broken down to tiny pieces. Stop to scrape down the sides if necessary.
3. Carefully remove the top cap from your blender and slowly pour in the almond milk while blending. Blend on high until smooth and again, stop to scrape down the sides if you need to. Be patient and don't add more liquid unless you really have to. The ice cream will be much creamier and not as runny this way.
4. Spoon the ice cream up in two bowls and drizzle generously with the peanut butter sauce. Top with whatever you desire and eat immediately before it melts! (And feel free to just have it ALL for yourself. That's what I did.)
*I find this the most effective way to get a creamy, completely smooth ice cream but if it seems too complicated to you, simply place all the ice cream ingredients in the blender/food processor and blend until smooth.