Carob & Zesty Lime Pancakes
5 tbsp buckwheat flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp almond milk
2 tbsp plant-based yoghurt (could sub for more almond milk)
1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp of water, left to swell for a couple of minutes)
For the lime pancakes:
1/2 tsp wheatgrass (could sub for chlorella/spirulina/matcha)
Zest of one lime
1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice (preferably brown rice syrup as it won't spoil the green colour)
For the carob pancakes:
1/2 tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice (preferably date syrup, as it adds a lovely brown colour to the mix)
1-2 tsp carob powder
1. Place into a bowl the buckwheat flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Stir well to divide the baking powder evenly throughout the mix.
2. Add in the almond milk, chia egg and yoghurt and mix it all together with a fork.
3. Now, divide the batter into two and place half of it into another bowl.
4. To this bowl, add all of the ingredients for the lime pancakes and stir until smooth. You might have to adjust the amount of wheatgrass to get the green colour you want.
5. To the other bowl, add all of the ingredients for the carob pancakes and once again, stir until smooth.
6. Let the batters rest for a few minutes while preheating a non-stick pan or a regular frying pan with a spoonful of coconut oil to medium heat.
7. Fry spoonfuls of the batter for a few minutes on each side, stack and serve!
2 tbsp peanut flour
1 1/2 tbsp almond milk
1/2 tbsp date syrup
1 tsp cacao or cocoa powder
1. Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Add more almond milk if needed.
2. Pour on top of your pancake stack and devour immediately!