They ARE kind of miniature so you might want to double the recipe. Or triple. Or whatever you want. So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls (Gluten Free!)
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (65 g) brown rice flour
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp (65 g) buckwheat flour
2 tbsp potato- or cornstarch (25 g)
3 tbsp (40 g) raw sugar or granulated sweetener of your choice
1 tsp psyllium husk
1 tsp cardamom
2 tsp dry yeast
A pinch of salt
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp almond milk
2 tbsp (30 g) coconut oil
8 small dates (85g)
1 tbsp coconut oil (15 g)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
A pinch of vanilla bean powder
1/2 tbsp of almond milk
1. In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and stir well. (Sifting the potato starch before you stir it in will prevent clumping).
2. Melt the coconut oil over low heat and pour in the almond milk. Once lukewarm, transfer the oil/milk mix to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Don't let the temperature go over 37C or you WILL kill the yeast. No bueno.
3. Stir. Stir, stir, stir. Then knead the dough until it forms a moist ball, not too sticky, not too dry. If it is, add a bit more flour or almond milk. Leave to prove under a damp kitchen cloth for 45 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, start preparing the filling. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and blend with a hand blender. I find that blending small quantities like this works best without a food processor but feel free to give that a try if you want to double the recipe.
5. That's about it for the filling. Now you'll have to wait for the dough.
6. Once the proving time is up, roll the dough out into a rectangle on a floured surface (however thin you want it to be) and spread the filling out on top.
7. Roll the dough into a tight spiral lengthwise and cut up in 1-inch sections.
8. Place the rolls on a lined baking tray and once again let them prove under a damp kitchen cloth for 30 minutes and pre-heat your oven to 190C
9. Next, brush on a bit of water-diluted syrup if you want to and bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes depending on size.
10. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.