Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 chia or flax egg (1 tbsp ground chia/flax seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water)
1 ripe banana, mashed
1/3 cup pumpkin purée
3 tbsp almond milk
1. Start by preparing your chia egg. Grind the seeds either using a coffee blender or by hand with a mortar and pestle. Put the ground seeds in a small glass/bowl with 3 tbsp of water and whisk vigorously for 30 seconds or so to prevent clumping if you're using ground chia seeds. let sit and swell while you prepare the rest.
2. In a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients with a fork until the baking powder is evenly divided.
3. Add the mashed banana, pumpkin puree and almond milk to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
4. Lastly, add in the chia/flax egg.
5. Let sit on the countertop for a few minutes (the batter should be THICK) and pre-heat a pan over low to medium heat.
6. Fry in a little coconut oil (unless you have a non-stick frying pan) on medium heat for a couple of minutes on each side.
2 tbsp plant-based yoghurt
1/2 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
1/2 tbsp liquid sweetener of your choice (I used date syrup)
1. Simply mix all of the above with a fork/spoon until smooth. Pour on top of your pancake stack and decorate with a spoonful of plain yoghurt to create the cobweb pattern.